Lana Kids Top





About one month ago (already?!) I had the chance to sew up the Lana Kids Tee while pattern testing it. I barely test sewing patterns now (for several reasons but that is another whole conversation) but I couldn't say no to a Coffee and Thread pattern. They're good, very good! 



Olga, the designer behind, Coffee and Thread, released the women's Lana Top and Dress earlier this year and she was flooded by requests for a kids' version. So now we, sewing mamas, can make a mommy-and-me look with this trendy pattern.

I let my girl pick the fabric and she picked this amazing jersey knit with a sparkle unicorn print (by Stoff & Stil), what else? Are your kids in a unicorn osession phase too? :) 





Pattern:
Lana Kids Top and Dress by Coffee and Thread. 




Fabric:
Stretch jersey knit by Stoff & Stil (HERE). Don't you love the sparkly unicorns? 
Organic 1x1 rib knit, dusty soft rose color, also from Stoff & Stil (HERE).

It was my first time using a Stoff & Still fabric and I can tell you it certainly won't be the last! It has a really good quality. It was a breeze to sew it up, and it washes well (the colors don't fade!). The rib is amazing quality as well, soft and with a good recovery.

One thing that I absolutely loved is that every fabric comes with a sticker with ALL the information about the fabric (weight, composition, fabric width, etc.). I have bought "mistery" fabric from other shops so many times before that I am in love with this info sticker. I might only buy from Stoff & Stil from now on! :) 

Stoff & Stil has a wonderful selection of kids fabrics! You can check them out HERE. I will be showing off a couple more of their kids fabrics soon. They are SO good.



Sewing Details:

I went according to the size table (as one must do when pattern testing) and I love the fit. It won't fit her next Summer but I can always keep it for my little miss, since she will be able to wear it 6 years from now. :) 

This pattern offers three versions: a tee, a tee dress and a gathered skirt dress. It has a cool drop shoulder ruffled sleeve. So in trend! It is available in sizes: 12 months to 14 years.

This pattern is a fast sew, which is perfect for this mom-of-five-with-two-under-two. :) The sleeve construction has a technique that might be a bit tricky for a beginner but Olga explains it very well in the instructions, so just go slowly and you'll be good! I can't get enough of these sleeves, so stylish!





I left the sleeves hem unhemmed, and I hemmed the t-shirt using a coverlock stitch with my regular sewing machine. Doesn't it look almost as good as if it was made with a coverlock? My sewing machine is so, so basic, as in 100% mechanical non computerized, and yet so good. Love it! 

As true to all Coffee and Thread patterns the Lana Top is a great pattern. Every pattern goes under testing and thus results in a really well drafted (and graded) pattern. Besides, Olga makes use of good sewing techniques, and that is the way to go! 


Coffee and Thread is testing a long sleeve version of this pattern as we speak! I can't wait to make it for my girls! (Once it's released I'll come back and edit this post to add the link.)

(And, yes, some photos are blurry because my camera is not working properly... I am so bummed!)

Happy sewing!

1 comment

  1. It's so pretty, Sara! My 6 year old is obsessed with everything unicorns. Thank you so much for testing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!