A Pom Pom Beret and a Teddy Bear (OT15)



This little munchkin just turned 7 months. (Seven!) He seats straight, he eats soup and smashed fruit, he claps his hands, he sleeps all night, oh wait, not really... he is teething so if you have kids you know how it goes... He smiles a lot, and "talks" all the time, and loves to cuddle. And we love him. <3  

As promised, here I am again today (wait, two blog posts in one day?! Am I back to the good ol' days?) showing off two more patterns from One Thimble issue 15This issue is jam packed of exclusive patterns, tutorials and articles. Love this digital sewing magazine!




Styling: 

  • Baby Ziggy Top, pattern by Madeit Patterns made by Made by Toya (remember the surprise virtual baby shower a couple of lovely sewing bloggers made for this baby, a few months ago?). Thank you, Toya! It's been in heavily rotation. We love it! (Because, blue + stripes are a match made in heaven!)
  • Bubble romper by Zippy Kids Store.


Patterns:




#115 Pom Pom Beret

Fabric:
Navy twill (with just a bit of stretch) from my local fabric shop, and jersey strips.

Details:
I have always love berets. In fact, I used them a lot in my early teenage years. When I saw this pattern, made by Thread Faction (love Liz's patterns!!), it was a no brainer. I *had* to make it! I made a baby size but my other kids (specially the girls) have already requested one too. 

This pattern is available in sizes newborn to adult! It's a unisex classic beret, so fast and easy to make! It includes three pom pom styles (classic yarn pom pom, faux fur pom pom or knit strips).

I have decided to finish the seams inside the beret with a Hong Kong bound seam finish (the pattern advises to finish the seams with an overlocker/serger or zigzag). 


Hipster Teddy Bear

Fabric:
Buffalo plaid cotton jersey knit, kindly offered by Girl Charlee UK (you can find it here).


Details:
The Hipster Teddy Bear measures (finished) approx. 20'' (50 cm) from ear to toe. The perfect size for this baby! He loves it. You should have seen his face when I first show it to him. <3 This pattern is rated as Confident Beginner. It is a quick and fair easy sew (pretty easy in fact if you have made a softie before). 

Although the pattern recommends using woven, I have opted for this buffalo plaid knit since I wanted it to be really soft. It was interfaced with woven interfacing to give structure and stability. I loved using it for this project, I think it's just perfect for this pattern! And the best thing is I have just enough for another Baby Ziggy Top (a pattern that I love by Madeit, one of my favorite pattern brands/designers).



Read all about One Thimble issue 15 and the Phillipa Blouse (one of the patterns you will get with this issue) on my previous post.

Check all about issue 15 of One Thimble and get it HERE! (not affiliate)


Here's the line up for this tour: 

2 comments

  1. Seven months already! He sounds like such a sweet baby :) He looks so handsome in his new beret. The teddy bear looks amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! I can't believe how quickly he has grown already. He looks so cute in his beret, and the bear is darling, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!