Fjara Tank Top




How's your Summer coming along? Although we had some chilly days (and even a bit of rain, thank God!), Summer is still strong and odds are that we'll still have almost two more months of it. Last year we were able to go the beach in mid October! (Not this year though, because that's my due date for baby #4. :) )

I have sewn a few things for Summer (for my kids and myself) that haven't made it to the blog yet. But today I am sharing the Fjara Tank top, made with a fun Girl Charlee UK's pineapple knit, kindly sponsored for the #londonsewsocial group! (Read more about it here.)







Pattern:
Fjara tank top by Pienkel. You can get here or at UpCraft Club.
There is also a women's Fjara for all you sporty mamas, or for a mommy & me look! 

The woman behind Pienkel is Nienke. She is a lovely person and a good friend, and a (relatively) new pattern designer - check her patterns here!

Fabric:
Pineapple knit by Girl Charlee UK. (Thank you so much Girl Charlee UK!!)

This print is available in two other colorways: robin egg blue and royal blue.) It's a 50-50 cotton/poly blend with little stretch. I loved it! 

White ribbing from my stash, bought at my local fabric shop (Feira dos Tecidos).

Details:
This pattern is great! The fit is perfect! Both pattern pieces and instructions are very good. You will love to sew this! I just regret I haven't made it before because I would have filled my girls wardrobe with these! 

I made a size 6 (width) blended with a size 8 (length), for this tall and slender 7 year-old. :) 
I haven't made any changes to the pattern, but I already have a few ideas on how to hack it! (You know I love to hack patterns!!) :) 






Some of the other #londonsewsocial girls are also blogging and/or sharing on IG about their sponsored Girl Charlee UK's fabric, you can check their posts here! 



The über talented Trine is also blogging today about some #londonsewsocial sponsored patterns! See her amazing creations here: Groovy Baby and Mama.






5 comments

  1. That print is so fun! Hope your doing fine and enjoying some down time before the baby comes. :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet words! The top and pics are wonderful & I'm looking forward to your hacks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric looks great as a Fjara tank. Good choice. I think my daughters would love one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. And your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this top on your daughter. The colours are perfect for her I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!