The Miss Polly Dress




Hi! Today I am joining the Miss Polly dress tour, a new pattern by Sewpony Vintage. I can't say enough good things about this pattern. I love it so much! Suzanne has such an eye for designing girls dresses. They are always original! And I love that they are modern patterns with a vintage style.







Pattern
Miss Polly dress, by Sewpony Vintage.

Fabric
Printed linen + chambray.

Details
I have made a size 6 for my youngest girl but she wasn't on the mood for the photo shoot so I had to use my oldest girl as a model. :) As you can see the dress seems a bit short and that is the reason. I am going to make another Miss Polly for this one, same size 6 (width) but she needs a size 7 or 8 for length. I actually like to see it this short on her. It reminds me of those cute short little dresses from the 60's. :) 

This pattern is a semi-fitted A-line style dress that offers several options. I love the separate front yoke and skirt with those large pockets and that they can be accented with piping! (You know how I love piping!!) There are options for piped capped sleeves (the ones I made), three quarter and long sleeves. It closes at the back with an invisible zipper.

Size range: 12 months to 10 years.

The instructions are thorough and easy to follow, with photos all along. 







Go check the other stops for this tour. There are amazing versions of this dress! 


April 4:  Inspinration  //  Stahlarbeit  //  Lily en Woody
April 8:  A Jennuine Life  //  Liivi und Liivi  //  Aamore
April 11: StraightGrain  //  Made by Sara
April 13: Emma en Mona  //  Skirt as top
April 15: While she was sleeping  //  Erin Always  //  Anne-Luse

There is a 15% discount on the pattern from Monday 4th april - Friday 15 April with code: MISSPOLLY15. This code works for the other patterns too. You can pick from the Little Betty Top, the Sunday Picnic dress, the Dear Prudence dress and the Cosi Swimsuit.! Get them here.


Happy sewing!


14 comments

  1. Sooooo beautiful Sara!!! Thank you I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a great pattern! <3

      Delete
  2. It indeed is! And you are right: It's a great, great pattern :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like the dress on the shorter side, for this style of dress a lot of the other samples are to long. You nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The print is beautiful! It goes really well with the style of the dress. I quite like the length on her. And how big has her hair got?! She looks like a proper little lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was saving that print to make something for me but I couldn't help it on using it for this pattern. It's the perfect match, right?

      Delete
  5. This is just stunning! Love every part of it, but that piping is fabulous:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucinda! Glad you like it. <3 I love piping so I am always very happy when I see that a pattern calls for it. And sometimes when it doesn't I find a way of adding it somewhere. :)

      Delete
  6. Esta lindo, Sara!! Estou a ADORAR ver as tuas roupas em micro-fashion, são lindas e tu tens imenso talento :) e umas miúdas tão fofas!!

    Eu queria fazer um vestidinho pra minha afilhada - 2 anos em Fev - e queria perguntar-te, se tivesses que escolher so um dos moldes que já usaste, qual seria?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada pelas tuas palavras, querida Joana!
      Isso é uma pergunta MUITO difícil de responder!! :) Cada vestido que eu faço fico com a sensação de que é o meu novo favorito!! :D Mas a primeira resposta que me veio à cabeça foi o Tip Top & Dress da Petit à Petit. Eu fiz como top mas o molde dá para fazer em vestido e vem com várias opções. É muito fácil de fazer, e consegues fazê-lo todo com costuras inglesas para ficares com uns acabamentos perfeitos (caso não tenhas corta-e-cose). :)

      Delete
  7. That's so pretty - lovely piping. And your daughter is so beautiful, she looks like a beautiful Victorian doll in the last photograph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria! She used to look even more like a doll when she had her hair super curly. Needless to say I am going to have her locked at home when she grows up just a bit more. :D :D ;)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!