The Playhouse dress - It's Perfect Pattern Parcel #5!








Perfect Pattern Parcel #5 is here!! And is all about girls of all ages - from toddlers to tweens!

Pattern: Playhouse dress, pattern by Fishsticks Design
Fabric: flamingo striped piqué cotton knit (I love this knit! I have used it before here and here.)
Details:
This pattern is an easy sew and such a quick sewing project!
It comes with the option for puff short sleeves or long sleeves and it features a circular skirt. I had to make it in short sleeves since it is still very hot these days...
This dress can be made in knit or in a knit-woven mix!

About PPP#5!
It includes 6 patterns and it's a "name your price" deal! Isn't it amazing? And the best part is that it is all for a good cause! And wait, there is more! If you choose a price of $28 or greater you get a bonus pattern! You can read more and get it here.

Perfect Pattern Parcel believes in supporting independent pattern designers. It allows customers to show their support in naming their own price for each Parcel and it also encourages customers to allocate part of their Parcel price to the charity Donorschoose.org in order to help classrooms in need. Pattern Parcel donates all profits after expenses from Parcel sales to the charity as well. They have raised over $11,000 for classrooms in need!

So, Parcel #5 -  Girls and Tweens includes
  • Lily Knit Blazer by Peek-a-Boo Patterns
  • Everyday Yoga Pant for Girls by Greenstyle
  • Asymmetrical Drape Top by EYMM
  • Playhouse Dress by Fishstick Designs
  • Mimi Dress and Shirt by Filles a Maman
  • Bonus pattern: Sunki Dress by Figgy’s (it includes 18 months through a 16 tween sizing)

Pattern Parcel #5: Choose your own price and support DonorsChoose. Win/win

The story behind this post and my pattern choice:

It was very hard to choose what to make... I just wanted to make them all! If only I had the time... :)
First I was going to make a Sunki dress. I missed all the fun last year when it was released, and then again when it was the pattern to flip over Flip This Pattern. There were Sunkis everywhere around the sewing blogging community and I loved them all!! This was finally my opportunity to make one. But then I realized that this was the bonus pattern and that for the PPP#4 - boys edition - I had also chosen the bonus pattern. It was the Knight Hoodie and you can see it here. So I decided to give it a go on another pattern. And it had to be a dress. And it had to be in knit. :) 

My 3 year-old started pre-school this week. (she used to be at home with me)
We were told in July (when we applied) that the school didn't have a vacancy for her. This week, all of a sudden they gave us a phone call to let us know that a few kids had been transferred to other schools and thus she could finally go! My heart fainted... but she was thrilled!
So now I feel that I need to sew her up an entire school-proof, pratical and suitable for all the running and playing with other kids, wardrobe. Well, I can never have too many excuses to sew for my kids... 
I immediately thought... knits! Well, lucky me! PPP#5 is all about knits! It offers a pants patttern, several tops and dresses, and even a blazer. I won't need to look for anything more. :)

I have sewn this up for her first day at pre-school. Ans she loved it! In fact, she loved both the dress and going to school... She was so proud and happy for leaving home in the morning along with her brother and sister and her cute little backpack (with changing clothes because sometimes she still gets distracted... :) ) to go to school... And I was... well... feeling sad and lost. Last (school) year I was at home with my two girls, and now I am left alone every week day from 9am to 3.30pm. Well, almost. They all come home for lunch! :)

We went to the playground in the afternoon after school was over and she was oh-so-happy in her new knit dress. It is indeed very pratical!

I have already cut some knit for a Mimi shirt (I have made before a Marc shirt also from Filles à Maman and I loved it!) and a Lily blazer. Oh, and I will definitely make a couple of Sunkis for my girls. :)





Make sure to take a look at the inspiration tour!

Friday, September 19 Pienkel || Cookin' and Craftin'
Monday, September 22 Radiant Home Studio || Sewing Sober
Tuesday, September 23 Sew Fishsticks || La Pantigana || Amanda Rose
Wednesday,September 24 Shawnta Sews || Sprouting JubeJube || Knot Sew Normal
Thursday, September 25 Make It Perfect || Mimi's Mom || Climbing the Willow
Friday, September 26 Needle and Ted || Our Family Four
Saturday, September 27 Froo & Boo
Sunday, September 28 Stitches by Laura || Vicky Myers creations
Monday, September 29 Cookin' and Craftin' || The Crazy Tailor
Wednesday, October 1 lady and the gents || That's-Sew-Kari || Sewing Sober
Friday, October 3 sew chibi || Lulu & Celeste || Made by Sara


What will you be making with these awesome patterns?
If you haven't got them yet go get themYou have less then 24 hours! (tic-tac-tic-tac :) )

4 comments

  1. I absolutely adore the stripe direction shift! And matching on the sides! Sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic. The stripes are done so well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is perfect! I love the color of that fabric and the dress is perfect for a 3 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling dress. Perfect for little busy girls :) Hope she will continue enjoy her school ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!