A Geranium Dress





Today I am joining the Geranium Expansion Pack Fall Tour with a version of the Geranium dress made in rayon, my favorite kind of fabric (if you follow me you already know that because I keep repeating myself, haha). This pattern by the über-talented-sewing-superstar Made by Rae is really a.m.a.z.i.n.g. One pattern + an expansion pack = several hundreds of options!!! 






Pattern:
Geranium dress plus the Geranium Expansion Pack, by Made by Rae.

Fabric:
The most wonderful rayon/viscose from my local fabric store. I was saving it to make something for myself but, you know me, I always end up using all the good fabric with my kids... (And the best mom ward goes to... Me! haha) It's so soft and drape-y! 

Details:
This pattern is available in sizes Newborn to 12 years (two size ranges: NB-5, 6-12). I have combined a size 7 width with a size 8 height but I think I should have made a size 9 height, since she is getting really tall and is just about two months shy of turning 9, but I think it's perfect for now. 

I am not kidding when I say you can make hundreds of different dresses with all the options! 
  • Sleeves: flutter, sleeveless, faux cap, short/ 3/4 /long both fitted or gathered.
  • Skirt: gathered and pleated
  • Neck: cutout, notched, scooped
  • Length: top or dress
  • Pockets: u-shaped patch pocket, 
  • Bodice: original or extended
  • Collar or neck bow (optional)
  • Hem band (optional)
  • Sash (optional)
  • Back closure: buttons or zipper
Amazing, right? It's the perfect the-only-dress-pattern-you'll-ever-need! :) 





My girls need a couple of dresses suitable for our mild fall weather so I opted for the long sleeve version (gathered option). I am a sucker for pleats so I *had* to make the pleated skirt version, and I thought the collar would suit the whole look perfectly. She wasn't very sure about my fabric choice at first (yes, I picked it... forget what I said two blog posts ago... haha) but she loved the end result! Specially when she saw it styled with the knee high socks and her new boots (you can't see them up-close but they have a sweet lace detail and a beautiful embroidery). I wish you could see the dress moving and flowing when she walks, it is just beautiful!... 






Make sure to check all these amazing Geranium dresses that were made for the #gxpfalltour! (check this hashtag on Instagram!) 


Made by Sara  |  Sew Liberated  |  Sevenpretty  




2 comments

  1. Perfect fabric choice, beautiful dress, amazing hair. Again 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress and what a stunning kid you have! Probably the most beautiful hair i have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!