The Matinée Dress






Meet the Matinée dress a new pattern by Jenn from A Jennuine Life!
I was so excited when Jennifer contacted me saying I was one of the pattern testers... This pattern is very sweet and has an unique design - it features a plunging open back that closes with a sash.

The Matinée can be made as a dress or a lovely peplum top and presents a few other options: cap sleeves or sleeveless, regular hem or contrasting hem band. 
The dress (and peplum top) is fully-lined and all seams are finished or enclosed, providing such a professional look in the inside too. How can you not love this already?

I was assigned a dress length with regular hem and cap sleeves and I couldn't be more happy! I love the cap sleeves... And they are so easy to sew!

I have to say that the only thing I am not yet sure about this great dress is my fabric choice... Those of you who know my style can understand what I mean... I am all about discret prints, small flowers or polka dots, soft girly colors (exception made to red from now and then) and this time I decided to be bold! I am forcing myself to try other fabric styles and bolder colors - including yellow, which is not my favorite color. So this dress's colors and print choice are all out-of-the-box for me... But I like the outcome.

The sash was topstitched with a contrasting bright yellow thread and because I used the same fabric as for the bodice I added matching yellow piping to enrich it. 
I have also used matching yellow vintage buttons (again from my granny's stash) for the closings at the back.


I can't tell how much I was impressed by this pattern. It is Jennifer's first garment pattern and you wouldn't guess because the instructions are fully (computer) illustrated diagrams (done by her) - can you imagine the hard work?... I am thankful for all the work Jennifer had designing and constructing this pattern and its instructions, and how great she was through the testing period and even after it ended.

Make sure to check my fellow testers Matinées so you can have a full idea of all the great pattern's options and fabric choices.



Nest Full of Eggs
Nutta!
Once Upon a Sewing Machine
Kimmie Sew Crazy
Manning The Machine
Kuka and Bubu
Sew Shelly Sew
(more to come)


Oh, the Matinée dress and peplum top is presented in sizes 12 months through 8 years. Jennifer is offering a 10% discount through Friday on Craftsy (discount price already listed) or on her Etsy shop (using the code MATINEE20). Go get it!



9 comments

  1. O modelo é muito giro e tão verão!

    Por isso, acho que acertaste em cheio na escolha dos tecidos para este vestido. Também não sou fã de amarelo, mas gostei mesmo muito desta combinação de azul e amarelo. Além disso,o tecido às bolas é fantástico :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love, love the photos in the field with yellow flowers! I love the bold colors and patterns on this one - and genius to add the piping to the sash! It has been a pleasure getting to know you through testing and we'll get to chat more now with all the Teenies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect polka dot matching. And very clever to add piping on the sash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adoro a escolha dos tecidos! A tua filha é memo gira... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole thing is wonderful. I love the added piping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute!! Love the fabric choice! Looks great on her! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is lovely. I know the fabric choice, I think it is okay to be bold when a design such as this lends itself well to boldness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!