The Tip Top



Happy Holidays everyone!! This is my favorite time of the year! Well, at least until Spring arrives there is. Then you will probably hear me saying that again. :) 

I am finally sharing one of my favorite makings of 2015, which is actually one of my favorite makings ever! It's the Tip Top & Dress pattern by one of my favorite pattern designers (and one of my references when it comes to kids style and fashion), Celina Bailey of Petit à Petit and Family





Celina and I first "met" in the Spring of 2014 when she was looking for testers for her very first pattern, the ASH jumpsuit, pants & top (you can see my ASH here). It is still a favorite! 

I already knew Celina from her blog (I was a huge fan!) and from STYLO - the most cool kids sewing digital magazine e.v.e.r. And if you never heard about it it's either because you are new to sewing blogs or you've been living in a cave. :) 

I also got to test the Azur swimsuitthe Morocco pants (not blogged yet) and the Tip Top & dress, which I am sharing today.


ASH jumpsuit, Azur swimsuit, Morocco pants.


Pattern 
Tip Top & Dress, pattern by Petit à Petit and Family. You can get it here or at the UpCraft Club.

Fabric
Liberty of London lawn (from The Craft Company) and waxed cotton lawn (from my local fabric store, Feira dos Tecidos).

Details 
I really love the design on this top! It's absolutely gorgeous... And it is an easy sew! 

It comes with several fun options: single or double sleeves, welt pockets (or no pockets), hem facings or narrow hem, front seams with or without piping, top/tunic or dress length, two different necklines (gathered or pleated). It's so versatile!

You can sew it with a lightweight fabric for the warmer weather or use a medium weight fabric and wear it as a layer with a shirt or a turtle neck underneath. 

This pattern is available on sizes 6 months to 12 years. 

I wasn't surprised by the great quality of this pattern. Celina is one of the best pattern designers out there, in the ever growing PDF pattern world. She has formal education in sewing and fashion and that shows. Her designs are gorgeous and super stylish, all pattern pieces match perfectly, the instructions are very good and the construction techniques are superb. My only regret is that she only has 6 patterns so far. :)  Celina, can we have another six please? 




This was the outfit she chose for her very first day at First grade, last September. I guess that really sums up what she thinks about it. Total love!! 



Giveaway! 

Celina is one of the most kind and wonderful persons I know in the blogging world. She was so generous to give away one copy of the Tip Top & Dress pattern to one of you!! 

All you have to do is to follow me and Celina on Instagram and share this giveaway on IG with your sewing friends, either by "regramming" it or by tagging your friends! The more the merrier! :) Make sure to leave a comment on this Instagram post so I'll know you're following! :) 

The winner will be announced on January 9th, on Instagram!

Discount!

Celina is offering 50% off on all of her patterns until Dec. 31st!! GO GRAB THEM NOW! (Yep, that's an order.) This is a really rare sale, do not miss it!! (code: SEWIT) 
If you already know her patterns you know how good they are, and if you don't you won't regret! You can find them here.


Wishing you a happy 2016!

5 comments

  1. So glad to see your beautiful Tip dress on your blog. Absolutely gorgeous. You always have such lovely fabric combinations. Oh, and I totally agree -- Celina's patterns are amazing and professional quality. She definitely needs to make more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy you posted this. Your version is so beautiful and I totally agree with everything you said about Celina and her patterns. I'm a huge fan of her style and patterns as well! Can I also say your girls have the most gorgeous hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am in love with this top aswell! I love your colour combination!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!